Okay, you’re tried everything to fix this aggravating issue between your WordPress and Facebook. Your website/blog is an extension of your being so it’s critical that it functions correctly. However this time, no matter what you do you are not able to post your main website/blog link on Facebook and get an image to show. Well, relax… I have you covered.
Here is what you do:
- Go to your Plugins section and Add New Plugin (search for All In One SEO Pack) Install and Activate it.
- Under the All in One SEO tab click on Feature Manager and Activate ‘Social Meta’. This feature will add Social Meta data to your site to deliver closer integration between your website/blog and Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. After activating click on Social Meta tab.
- Enter Profile Admins ID (you find it by going to this link example http://graph.facebook.com/InternetMarketingLight where you change InternetMarketingLight with your own Facebook user address. Look for “id” number.
- Where you see “Home Image” upload or add the link of a photo you want to use when Facebook searches your site for an image.
- Where you see ‘Select OG:Image Source’ locate in the drop down menu and choose ‘Featured Image’ choice. You must have an image selected in your posts for this feature to work.
- You can check mark ‘Use Default If No Image Found’ then upload or add a link to an image.
- Now you will need to force Facebook to clear the cache they have on your website. This link is an example. https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object?q=http%3A%2F%2Finternetmarketinglight.com
You can click on the link above and when you arrive at the page add your own link in the Open Graph Object Debugger then hit ‘Debug’. Alternately you can simply replace internetmarketinglight.com in the address above with your own.
These are all the steps needed to fix the problem with WordPress not displaying an image on Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.
If these instructions helped you, that’s awesome! Leave a comment as a Thank You. If however this is beyond your abilities, feel free to CONTACT me and I’ll be happy to help you out with this or any other issues.